Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Catching UP!

Monday:
Monday- I had a follow up meeting with my ITD about my intern blues and the issues I've been having with documentation. I have felt a lot better since then. Phew. She reassured me that I'm already quite a good music therapist and I'm experiencing growing pains as my skills are being refined. Eck. I am reminded that everything is a process. Personally, I hate that. It means that I have to go through it in order to be finished. Apparently I can't go from Point A. to Point Q. without going through the letters in between. Oh goody (insert sarcasm here). I'd like to skip all this crap. :)
I came home with a bad headache and was out by 7pm. no joke.

Tuesday
I had some great sessions and finished more paperwork. Already I was feeling a lot better about my work and documentation and all that nonsense. I still had my headache and had to reschedule with Mar-boy. I think we're going to do something tomorrow evening. I've decided on my case study. Every intern has to put together a presentation with session clips on one client from their caseload. I've finally decided on the client I want to highlight. This person is teaching me a lot about being a therapist and on the other side, this person is having a significant experience in music therapy.
I came home and had another horrible headache. So I went to bed at 8p.

Today! Wednesday
Kari was out sick today- so all of my afternoon sessions were canceled. It was a productive day. I am almost done with all of my reports for two meetings in the next few weeks. this weekend will be about my midterm self evaluation for my midterm eval on Tuesday. Whoa! its coming up quickly. Tomorrow someone is interviewing for the internship tomorrow so that means that we have to spend a fair amount of time out of the office and either practicing, reading or working on a computer. It will be perfect for starting my eval and finishing up those reports. I am looking forward to it.

That's all. I'm going to make a bit of dinner and put together some journals. Mom comes next week! I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment