Sunday, May 2, 2010

My 100th Episode

You are seeing the result of "Mindless Fun Night." I couldn't think of a more appropriate picture for my 100th Episode! 100 blog posts since January... which means I've already been here for over 100 days. wow!

Kari and I had been talking about doing something fun this weekend. She sent me a text while I was scrubbing my apartment asking that we do something fun that required A/C. It was really muggy yesterday and her apartment doesn't have AC.
When she arrived (around 2 or so) she was telling me that our ITD instructed us to do something mindless and fun. We decided on grabbing some dinner, grabbing some dessert, and some adult beverages for games and movies. Turns out playing scrabble after enjoying a lovely bottle of wine can be extremely creative. We had to look up almost every word. BUT we accomplished our goal for relaxing fun. We went to a sushi place in the plaza near my apartment, then headed to Wegmans- found a cheesecake and then stumbled upon a 4-pack of Cannoli. we were sold. We played a few rounds of scrabble, enjoyed our wine and then put in Alice and Wonderland- the Disney animated classic. Both of us had never really played Scrabble before (Mar-boy encouraged me to purchase the game a couple of weeks ago) - we were proud of ourselves.

Anyhow- Today I need to get to my laundry and do a few errands, like buy a few groceries and deposit a check at the bank. I think I'm meeting Mar-boy and his parents for lunch today. I should probably check my phone as I'm still in pjs and on the couch.

It was nice to just hang out and get my home life back in order--- the last thing being laundry which will be done this afternoon. I took care of most of my to-do list this weekend and I did NO work. It felt amazing. Now I Love Lucy is on. This is shaping up to be a fantastic morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment