Saturday, May 8, 2010

Seriously, Smoke Detector, Seriously??

I was fast asleep, enjoying my slumber.. so happy that I could sleep in this morning.

Then the world played a cruel joke on me.

My smoke detector BEEPSSSS loudly--- ear piercingly loud--- 3 times. Naturally, this freaks me out to the max. That's right, to the max. what the hell?! So I go back to bed thinking that it won't happen again- WRONG. It beeps again like 8 minutes later. I jumped out of bed, ran and got a chair from my kitchen table. to look at the smoke detector because I'm pretty certain this means it needs batteries. Well, I can't see the damn thing in the dark, so I turned the hall light on so I could see---the hall like is a ceiling lamp just above the smoke detector. I flipped the switch and felt like someone maced me in the eyes.... you know when you first turn a light on after your eyes have not adjusted to light. So the damn thing was beeping and then I couldn't see and then you can't take the cover off of the detector, but you can take it off the wall. wtf?!

So now I am wide awake- it is nearly 6:30am on a Saturday morning and I don't know about you, but I don't do well when I'm woken up by anything, especially on my day to sleep in. What does this mean? It means that Lauren = kinda cranky. Mar-boy already got a text about the whole thing and now he's probably rolling over and going back to sleep. Lucky.

Well now that I'm up, I guess I'll catch up on my TV programming that I missed during the week and start making my shopping list. I could probably go to Wegman's now and it would be perfect. I wonder if they have fresh brewed coffee at one of those stands in the morning. That would make everything better... Oh well.
Happy Saturday day me.

No comments:

Post a Comment