Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mom in the ROC

My momma is in the ROC now. I picked her up on Thursday.

She came to work with me on Friday- you know, that bring your mother to work day. She dropped me off and explored the town around- had a great breakfast, just ask her. She stopped in the Wegmans there- she doesn't even know what's going to hit her when we go to the MEGA-WEGS in Pittsford. I am excited to take her there. I had a meeting in Newark yesterday afternoon so we got to take the thru-way to Newark and we toured my office and she got to try out the Somatron. After work we took a nice ride to Pittsford and walked around the cute historic downtown area along the Erie Canal. There's a little river/canal walk. There are cute shops and restaurants along the canal in that part of town. The weather was perfect yesterday so a ton of people were out walking, biking, eating ice cream. The pittsford crew was practicing too. We stopped in the Pittsford Community Library which is gorgeous. Two-story building, brick on the outside and modern on the inside. It has a great children section and a garden reading area. Its just on the water too and they have music programs on the weekends. We had a nice walk. AND I found a homemade-microcreamery ice cream shop. I can't wait to take MAR-boy there. He's an avid ice cream lover. We then met Kari and Mar-boy for dinner at this local italian place near my apartment. Oooh the food was good, everyone had a great time.

Today we are going to check out the lilac festival before it starts to rain. I am excited. It's a free festival with great entertainment and food (so I hear). Mar-boy is going to join us. He's excited because its "Country Day." We all know how much I love country. The Mega-Wegs is also on the agenda for today. I also need groceries. Gotta get moving. I still have one load of laundry to do! I'll try and take some pictures at the Lilac Festival today and post them later! Hope everyone is enjoying nice weather!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that your Mom is visiting! Say "hello" for me.

    ReplyDelete