Friday, May 28, 2010

Birthday Weekend

Today marks the start of my birthday weekend. What I can say for sure is that RibFest is this weekend and Mar-boy and I will be going. The four day pass is like 10 dollars. Its at this beach park place on Lake Ontario. There's also talk of a cook out and a small hike to these waterfalls near mar-boy's house.

Tonight we're ordering in (togotaxi.com!!) and perhaps having a picnic near the pool. Its been really nice lately. For my birthday weekend I want to be able to sleep in and not do anything before noon. Mostly I just want to be low key. I received another card in the mail today from Mom and Dad- Thanks for the Wegman's card! I can't wait to go shopping! Happy Birthday to Me.

Really quick- I'd like to discuss the difference between BBQ and Cook Out. Kari and I have been debating this for weeks. The discussion has dragged out so long that our ITD intervened. I've been schooled in the ways of BBQ vs. Cook out. BBQ is like steaks and porks and things that are smothered in sauce. Cook out is all about the burgers and the hots. And Grilling? Grilling is for vegetables and fish. Why can't we just call everything BBQ? Dad's BBQing in the back- yea he's doing salmon and veggies. OR Dad's BBQing in the back- he's doing burgers and dogs. All the same thing.
Anyway. That's about it. Sorry I haven't posted much this week. Its end of the month and that means I have a ton of paperwork to finish. It is definitely getting easier. Next week I start assessing a consumer with my supervising therapist. That should be interesting. I read through this person's chart this afternoon to gain some information about this individual. Mar-boy is here now and we're off. more updates soon.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I just read a book called "She Smoke" and it talked about the difference between barbeque-ing and grilling. BBQ is the slow cook (i.e., hours) process for meat that may start with a rub and perhaps ends in a slather of sauce. Grilling is anything that is cooked on the grill and served a short time later - like and hour or less.

    Happy Birthday Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about when you're in, say, Oklahoma?? They go out to the patio and "charcoal".

    ReplyDelete