Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Did ya feel that?

We had an earthquake today!
EAARRTTTHHHQUUAAAKKEEEE


as you can imagine, this is a rare occurrence here in New York. I really understood that once Kari and our ITD started getting a little nervous. We were in our office watching a Nordoff-Robbins video and I started to hear this faint rumble. Then I felt my chair moving.
I calmly said, "I think its an earthquake."
Our ITD and Kari got up out of their chairs and didn't really know what to do. It was extremely entertaining. I'd venture to say that it was barely a 2 or something. It was a tiny little thing. But it was fun to see both of their reactions.

Today was the annual summer recital. Everyone did really well! There was only one backhanded compliment but the recipient didn't really hear it so that was a relief. All the performers were great. We had standing room only. It was a lovely morning. We spent the rest of the day in inservice and practice time which was nice. After work Kari and I went to "the Corner" which is like the ritziest restaurant in Newark. That's the restaurant that our ITD takes all the interviewees when they spend the day with us. Both Kari and I went there on our interviews. We tease our ITD about that. But last time someone interviewed they brought back a small order of fries for me and Kari! We LOVE the fries. They are so krispy and wonderful (yes Krispy with a K)! It was a lovely dinner. Kari treated me. I've picked up dinner the last time so she didn't even give me a chance to argue with her. It was very nice.

I am very tired. It was a busy day plus 85 degrees and humid as all get-out. Its exhausting. Tomorrow Kari is coming to observe and help video tape my session. Our ITD is taking a few days off for a little vacation- well deserved. We'll have the office to ourselves all mid-morning and afternoon. We both have a lot to do and we seem pretty motivated this week collectively- so we'll see how far we get. We're pretty good at keeping the other on track. Here's hoping.
No big plans this weekend. I think I'm going into work sometime this weekend to get a head start on the ol' end of the month documentation- oh joy. :) It will feel good to be a little ahead of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment