Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Lesson Learned

Today I learned an important lesson:


Do not get in the way of the drumhead.


I was clobbered today- on accident. I reached over the drum head to assist on of my clients in using their left hand to play the hanging chimes while they played the snare drum in the right hand. The crook of my elbow got in the way and bam! The good thing is that I got it all on tape and the best thing is that you can't tell in the video. I didn't flinch or say "ow" or anything. Good for me! I do, however, have a bump that's a little tender to the touch. No bruising yet. We'll see. I don't bruise easily- its that Portuguese olive skin.


I had a good day. All of my sessions went well today. And I've been to the gym... again. Yes, you read that correctly. I logged in my cardio (that's twice for the week already) and as I was leaving, this older woman stopped me and asked if I had time to show her a few of the machines. Her daughter showed her how to use them earlier, but she may have forgotten. So I took the extra 5 minutes to help her out. She was very grateful and said that I was "just an absolute princess." I loved that. I said "you're welcome and all I need is a tiara!" That made me feel even better than the working out part. So now in tribute to my aunt, I'm having a little broccoli and something else (yet to be determined) for dinner!

This weekend is supposed to be HOT and RAINY. Kari and I have our "Vampires, Werewolves and Waffles, Oh My!" Day planned for sometime this weekend. I am really looking forward to it. Time to eat!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. You are a thoughtful young woman and that is one of the things that makes me so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And DiAnne was called a "precious gem" the other day. What amazing friends I have! And Grocer Gary only has one mark on the "Grouchy Grocer" list for the whole first week!

    ReplyDelete