Saturday, June 12, 2010

UHHHhHHHH

That is the sound of being so fully after an insanely large meal that its difficult to breathe.

I made pancakes this morning. Oy.
I didn't get around to updating the rest of this week, so I will recap. Thursday and Friday were great.

Thursday the four of us met to do our classical improvisation inservice. I went first. Our ITD had some nice feedback for the improvisation. I twas fun to be able to look at the classical rep and be able to use it. You know, use it for more than performance. We can use it functionally. Kari and I went to dinner after the inservice and had a wonderful time. We are both feeling sort of normal again. I mentioned that in group supervision- that I felt like myself. All my ITD said was, "Good. Welcome back. We're glad to have you." The past few icky weeks are behind and thats a good thing. Kari even felt more normal by the end of dinner. I'm glad that we were able to go out and just relax.

Friday I had some great sessions and good supervision. In my Into to Music Therapy class at Chapman, the teacher would share a "Music Therapy Story of the Week." While there are a ton of things that happen in the course of a week here, I wanted to share something that happened yesterday. I see one client in the afternoon on Fridays. Music Therapy is a chance for this particular to engage in meaningful interactions and self expression-- those are big skill building areas for this person. This particular client uses their voice in incredible ways without using much speech. Eye contact is also a big thing for this person. Anyhow, the session wasn't particularly eventful except that when it was over, and I said, "Good job _____" and this person started repeating what I was saying, clearly articulating every word. This person repeated a few other phrases, said goodbye to me and waved. Wow! That was amazing. I was really excited about that. Anyhow that's the story for last week.

Last night I came home and even though it was 78 degrees, I really felt like albondigas. So I ventured to Wegmans on a Friday afternoon and picked up what I needed, plus some coronitas. It was relaxing to actually cook and enjoy a good meal. Then I passed out sometime between 9 and 11:34 when I got off the couch and made it to my bed. Unfortunately I was up at 6, but I had plenty of time to catch up on my Hulu queue. That is one of my favorite saturday morning things. This morning I made pancakes and I'm thinking about getting cleaned up for the day. I think I'm going to go out to Newark sometime today to check out Newark Fest! Its like a weekend fair type of thing (I even saw a Funnel Cake stand) happening in Newark. Kari and I are going to check it out. Unforunately our original plans: Vampires, Werewolves, and Waffles, oh my! had to be rescheduled for next weekend because "New Moon" didn't arrive from Netflix. Kari wants to go see "Eclipse" - you know the Twilight movie. So I've gotta catch up on New Moon before I can see the third movie. But we're going to make waffles which makes anything better. Anyhow, I'll probably end up in Newark sometime today and tomorrow will be my free day. We'll see how the weekend pans out!

No comments:

Post a Comment