Sunday, June 6, 2010

Laaazzy weeekend

Hi everyone,

Greetings from my big comfy bed. I am refusing to get out of bed until I absolutely have to. That may be soon as I am getting pretty hungry. But I have my computer here, and my phone and my book. So really.... there's no need to get moving right away. I think once I do get going, I'll have a bite to eat and then go out by the pool with my book for a little bit. The weather has been so nice and I have my pool permit, its really a shame not to take advantage of it.
This has been a nice relaxing weekend. I've hit up the redbox and caught up on some movies that I've been wanting to see. I watched Nine-- which I didn't think was really all that spectacular. Yesterday Kari came over and we watched "New York, I love You." That was a really interesting movie. We both really enjoyed it. Its an "anthology of love stories" in new york. Each clip was written and directed by different people and the stories were pieced together. The acting was great- a bunch of a-list people. Very Interesting. We then went to Chipotle for dinner and just hung out. I didn't go to work on Wednesday and had a meeting Thursday afternoon so I saw Kari for like 20 minutes last week. It was nice to sit and catch up. We both had weird weeks.

The other big news is that Mar-boy and I have pretty much broken up. This was definitely a hitch in the plan and not necessarily my idea, although we would have had to have the conversation sooner or later. He was worried about the short amount of time I have left here- which was a concern when we started dating. I guess trying to save a little heartache for everyone. Things were going really well but we're switching gears and decided to just be friends. He's home this weekend, so it was nice to have a lot of time to myself to relax and do my own thing. Its a good decision in the long run, but its still a bummer. So all in all, its been a hell of a week and I am glad that its Sunday and the start of a brand new week.

Our ITD is going to be around all week long which will be nice. She was off to a board meeting thursday-friday and through the weekend. I didn't see her at all this past week. According to my supervisor, she was worried after hearing about my little meltdown earlier in the week. Rest assured I am definitely in a better place.
Even though I've spent almost half of my day in bed reading and catching up on my Hulu queue, I plan to be productive- do my laundry, a quick write up for an assignment and more reading. I've got a "just for fun" book going and my internship book. I haven't decided which I will read today. Maybe the just for fun book. Sometimes its hard to read about Humanist psychology when you aren't really in the mood.

Now that my reports are done and documentation will be done this week, I can really start focusing on my case study presentation. I need to go through my client's music therapy history which is a file that is at least 10" thick. My client has been in music therapy for a while. :) Otherwise things are going well. I'm going to get through some laundry today as well as all my other stuff. So here I go!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Good luck to all the fair people during this crazy time of set-up and week before fair! I miss you all and I am still enjoying my bucket-o-brownies. Much love.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you! Orientation yesterday, when a lot of the "chicks" come back to the next, still, a lot of "chicks" have moved on this year just like you.

    Start stopping by the Diner for a June/July series called "Fairs Festivals and Food Frivolity," - Hot Dog on a Stick will definitely be included!

    ReplyDelete