Tuesday, June 15, 2010

*Sniff... Sniff

What's that smell you ask?

Why, that's the smell of productivity.

I've started making "MUST DO" lists. To-Do lists... I could make to-do lists until the cows come home and they would be at least 100 items. I keep my "MUST DO" lists down to 2 or 3 (max. 4) things that absolutely, positively, must be accomplished in the day--- everything else is cause to celebrate. The "must do" list has helped keep some perspective on celebrating the things I DO accomplish in the day and to pace myself.
Today was been Ultra productive.

I got my "Must do" items done at work and just finished my "must do" items at home. Today I caught up my documentation, started on an assessment report, and daily notes. Then I came home and sent of a thumb drive for music therapy stuff, picked up a few boxes and tape (to ship my winter stuff back to CA), called a massage therapist to set up an appointment, AND logged an hour at the gym. I've been so productive today! Its cause to celebrate. I'm not sure how I'm going to celebrate yet.

Today I had some great sessions. One of my clients set up an excellent groove in a piano improv. I think I might record it on my computer, sample it and improv over the top and see what happens. Maybe that's how I'll celebrate today.

Okay! Time for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment