Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Is it Monday?

I like having long weekends, but I hate short weeks. It sounds weird, but the short weeks really mess me up. My schedule and inner clock gets all wonky.

I had a nice birthday weekend. I enjoyed all the cards and boxes and care packages. I enjoyed all the facebook love and phone calls and texts. I did actually get really sad on Sunday. I didn't realize how far away I am from the people I love until Sunday. I think its the timezone that makes everyone so far away. Now that's a great song by Carole King. I love her music. Anyhow, I got really sad. Mar-boy handled it like a champ, armed with movies and red cherry icees from the nearest 24-hour convenience store. I do love red cherry icees. We watched The Blindside (Team Sandra) while downing our icees and snacking on salt (technically sunflower seeds and beef jerky). My day ended well with a good long chat with my pal julie. The next day Mar-boy and I checked out RibFest-- excellent ribs, drinks, and live music.

Today I went to work feeling a little emotionally fragile due to the sudden realization that I am so far away AND there are only 81 days remaining in my internship. What a ride this has been, eh? Anyhow, I got to work and my supervisor asked how I was doing and I just started crying in the office. It was a healthy thing. We talked it out and I felt better. I need to organize my home life like clean my apartment and do laundry which didn't exactly happen tonight, but I'm hoping to take care of that tomorrow. I also have not been feeling physically up to snuff- sore throat and ear stuff. Tomorrow I guess I'll go to urgent care. We'll see. We all know how I feel about doctors. Anyhow, aside from all of this stuff I had a great day! I did the first assessment session for one of the consumers and it went really well. I really got a charge out of that. I also got to video tape one of my sessions today and I'm going to tape another session friday- I need a more objective look at what I'm doing in sessions, especially with this one client. I feel like I did a horrible job and that nothing happened in the session and then I talk and process with my supervisor and learn that it wasn't as bad as I had originally thought. Go figure.

I got to meet Kari's dad tonight. He took us out for ice cream. Now I'm back on the couch and watching episodes of Murphy Brown. I'll be going to bed soon and hoping that my throat is better in the morning. Sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment