Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Feeling Like Myself

Oh! for the first time in 10 days I woke up feeling like myself again. I was happy to feel chipper this morning. I had a great day, great sessions and some chocolate milk on my way home. All in all a great tuesday.

On my way home today, I was remembering a fun thing that happen the first year that I worked at the fair. The first year I worked there the theme of the fair was all about sports. One of the speakers that came to our stage was a man who grew up in Africa and who is a competitive wheelchair racer. His race wheelchair was awesome. Anyhow, I had my guitar there because I'm fairly certain my friend and I were practicing our best version of "Candle on the Water." (That's a long story and new blog post) This man and I got to talking and the woman who was with him said he had a beautiful singing voice. In the middle of the fair during operating hours, this guy and I had a mini jam session. He was requesting songs and I was making them up as we went. That was fun.

I'm going to eat a little something and go to bed. I was up way too late last night reading my book.

1 comment:

  1. Your Oprah book? Were you wearing your luxurious faux-zebra flip flops? I remember that fellow and the story, too. XO

    ReplyDelete