Thursday, February 11, 2010

Celebrate Diversity!

Today was our Welcoming Diversity class! It actually rocked. I enjoyed it immensely. The main facilitator was dynamic and so sassy. She really made an impact on me and the entire time I was thinking about how I might want to use these exercises or ideas or if I wanted to look into the training. Then she started talking about all the work she does at high schools for students and teachers regarding diversity training and awareness. She's worked with bullying and cliques and isolation and all that. I felt really inspired.... so in typical bevilacqua fashion, I gave her my card and asked her how to get involved. :) Like I have time to really commit to a ton of time here, but it seems like something I want to do and I can look into how much time it would really take or how much of a commitment this would be. It doesn't hurt to ask.
So she gave me her contact information and I'm going to call her on Monday and see what kind of opportunities she has in mind.

Otherwise, thats all we did today. I came home and had a lengthly phone conversation and now I am just getting around to practice my songs for tomorrow.
That's about all for today.
Tomorrow is a full morning of sessions and then meetings in the afternoon. Our ITD and Kari are traveling down to our site for a meeting to talk about something. :) We know we have to give an inservice in March and I think this meeting is to start discussing this inservice stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment