Thursday, February 4, 2010

Certified! Or Certifiable?

I am so PLEASED to announce that I have passed my First Aid and CPR training. I can officially save your life.

Actually, as someone who has a history of hurting themselves (only since my employment at the San Diego County Fair.. hmmm coincidence?), becoming certified in First Aid is totally practical. In the past year and a half, I have hurt myself with tools and nails, rusty pipes hidden in rock beds (sliced my toe right open!), and hot pans from the oven (resulting in the nasty 2nd degree burn on my right palm). But NOW! I can administer First Aid to myself- officially.

I might create my OWN Bump and Scrape Log!

I can also do CPR- but thats a little more complicated to do to yourself. I did name my dummy- Roscoe. I saved his life all morning.

The class was great. The main teacher was really knowledgeable and I really learned something. One of the best parts what the disgruntled people taking the class. I think for the state you have to take the class every 2 years or something. There were people in class that have worked for the state for 25 years... so they were unsure why they even needed to do it again.... that and we started late so there was upset about how late we were going to go. Oh yea. Lots of comments under the breath. But when you see these people with the individuals, its like a total 180. Good thing, I guess.

It was a long day and I am very tired. So I'm planning on eating and then hitting the couch. I've got to read a bit and practice my tactile signs for a session tomorrow. That's about it. The week is winding down!

2 comments:

  1. Don't understand why yesterday's comments didn't post. Oh well. First Aid and CPR comes in real handy when you have old parents/relatives, thanks for putting in the time, we may need some/all of your expertise. So, TGIF, hope your weekend rocks, AL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you can save your self now! Especially since most everyone is so far away from you.
    PS - Thanks for the shot out earlier this week!

    ReplyDelete