Saturday, February 20, 2010

Rise and Shine

Its funny to think that 7:45 on a Saturday is considered sleeping in. I've been having issues with my internet again. This time my wireless thingy on my computer doesn't feel like working like it used to. I turned my airport off to give it a little break and have plugged directly into my router. It seems to be working well. Thankfully I had a cord just hanging around that I could use.

Yesterday was a good day. I am learning more and more about my clients. I am going to start getting into the paperwork next week. Once I am doing all of that- the paperwork and the sessions and scheduling- I think I will have a better idea of my caseload. I had the chance to get together with Kari and her husband (who has been visiting all week) for dinner and drinks. I stuffed myself. This place we went to is on my Mon/Wed/Thurs. commute path. Its a grill and tap room with an incredible beer menu and tasty food. They have like 5 different kinds of fries/chips. It was delicious.
I came home and fell asleep before ice dancing.

The big news I'd like to announce is my newest project. I am building a banjo. Not because I don't have enough to do, but I think doing an artsy project in the spare time I don't have will be sort of a zen thing.
I like being able to put things together. This kit comes with all the parts. All you need is a bit of glue, finishing oil and some latex paint. It says it will only take 2 hours, but I think I can draw the process out. And then I have a banjo. Now I know that you're thinking, "do you even know how to play the banjo?" The answer is no. BUT that's the beauty. For half the price I can make my own and then learn. You don't need to pay an arm and a leg on an instrument to learn to play. Its a good plan. I ordered it this morning, so I'm hoping to get it some time in the next week.

I don't have any definite plans this weekend- cleaning and laundry mostly. I should really plan on not leaving to do anything fun until those tasks are done. Its really out of control. I have more reading to dive into-- so be prepared to read about that. My friend and I are also going to really start planning out this opening session for april's conference. Lots of stuff to and take care of while also logging in a fair amount of couch time. I love the weekends.

2 comments:

  1. It's the whole "Music Man" theory. Just keep listening to the new Steve Martin CD and before you know it you'll be a pickin' and a grinnin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extra cords just seem to run in your family. Glad you got the wireless thing under control. I agree with your Mom, get into the Zen of The Crow, such cheerful music!

    ReplyDelete