Sunday, February 14, 2010

Spectacular Saturday/Sunday

oh!
The Harlem Gospel Choir was truly fantastic! They had a great program. People were singing, dancing, clapping, praising, swaying, and cheering. They brought people on stage. We all sang together. There were some incredible moments. They even did songs that I knew- surprisingly. Can I get an Amen?! Okay... maybe not. They did tell a story about having to perform for about 70,000 Catholics. I had this vision of a bunch of Catholics in Yankee Stadium (where the performance was held) sitting, listening to the choir, afraid to clap and sing along. That visual made me laugh.
The mix could have been better from where I was sitting (second row balcony) but otherwise, I mean, hey.... its the Harlem Gospel Choir. Amazing musicians. They can sing by themselves but the BLEND was also absolutely incredible.

Aside from truly enjoying the program, I was proud that I actually went out and did something on my own. I bought the ticket and made the commitment to go and I did. Parking was a breeze. The campus at Geneseo is beautiful, so it was fun to see a little more of it (rather than just driving by it on my way to work). This weekend has just been satisfying.

Today is just a bum around my apartment day. I am keeping a close eye on the olympics. I know I've said it already, but I LOVE the winter olympics. The Winter Olympics do not have nearly the number of "celebrity" athletes, but the events are way more dangerous and exciting. And I love Canada. They are such lovely people--- friendly and they keep their doors unlocked. They deserve at least one gold medal on their home soil. I have enjoyed the opening ceremonies and the events that I have watched so far. The men's luge was on this afternoon and now I'm just waiting for the prime time presentation. Somehow local news here is just not enough to keep my attention.

After yesterday's productivity and breakthrough regarding some other music therapy stuff, I'm exhausted. AND I have tomorrow off too. Happy Presidents day to me. I'm not sure what I'll be doing tomorrow. I have a bit of music therapy business to start working on tomorrow--- working across time zones and all. I'll be able to go into more detail when they happen, but I will say that it has made me excited for the music therapy conference that I'm attending/planning in April. One step at a time, but the energy and enthusiasm is there. So more on that as it comes up.

I'm hoping it will be a productive Presidents day. But alas, I am one holiday ahead of myself. I'd like to wish everyone a happy Valentines Day! Thank you for all of your love and support in my new journey and experience. I love you all very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment