Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just for Julie

Today was another busy yet wonderful day. Our ITD had a refresher course re-certification meeting thingy this morning so she came in a little late. I made my very first stop at Tim Horton's today. Its like a canadian coffee, breakfast fast food kind of place. I got a plain toasted bagel with cream cheese because I had forgotten to eat breakfast this morning. It was strange. I was driving in Rhonda this morning and realized when I got to Palmyra that I hadn't eaten. I did manage to have a big cup of coffee before leaving the house.

We observed a few sessions today that were absolutely incredible- talk about seeing music as therapy (instead of In therapy). Through the music clients were able to reach some new level of organization or enlightenment or positive change. It was really incredible. We ran a little group experiment with some clients that went well. Kari and I will be doing the group together that will include the 2 of us and 3 clients. Our ITD seemed pleased with how the group worked, so we'll continue to explore that. We had another piano inservice today and discussed a descending chromatic bass line. Every piano improvisation style we've discussed is centered around the black keys of the piano. You can't lose! You can hit as many black notes as possible with arms, feet, legs and it still sounds amazing. Afterwards I had the chance to practice and I headed for home.

Good News! Annabelle will be done at the health spa tomorrow. The local BMW place received keys from Fedex (thank you Dad) and they were able to run all the tests and figure it out. She'll be ready tomorrow. Because everything closes at like 6pm here, I may not be able to pick her up until Friday. I'm still buzzing around in Rhonda.

Tonight, thankfully, I had the chance to catch up with my very best friend Julie. We just had a small tiff about how I was certain that I had already mentioned her in my posts. What actually happened is that I did, but then deleted it for a sassier sentence. Oops. Sorry Julie. Our schedules just don't match up. I'm asleep by 10pm and she's done with rehearsals at like 11-midnight. But she has little breaks in the day, but I'm at work. Its really sort of ridiculous. So it was nice to be able to just sit and catch up. Whenever we talk its always, "Oh my gosh, we haven't talked in so long"--- "So long" being a relative term. I think this time its been a week and a half or something. Might as well be forever. I won't tell you all her business (like I threatened to on the phone) but I will say that she has been an incredible support through this really big transition. And its awesome that we're finally in the same time zone and only about an hour plane ride (5 hours by car) away. She understands what I do and why its important. Catching up is like my own therapy, which is proving to be important during this stressful and really different time. Plus, I get to practice all of my empathic listening skills on her. Anyhow, I know she's reading because we made a big stink about her being in here already. So glad we got to talk. I was going to include a photo of us (which Julie, you would not be so happy about) but blogger is being finicky tonight.

Now I can go to sleep. Its almost 8 here, so be assured that I am already on the couch in my pjs eating my lemon sorbet. Yumm. LIfe is pretty good. I'm feeling connected with my friends and family and happy about work and the resolution of all this car nonsense.
Tomorrow brings CPR and First Aid training- ALLLLL DAY. I'm out of lunch meat, so I'll have to pack a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Just thought you should know. :)

1 comment: