Sunday, February 7, 2010

Take that Wegmans Shoppers!

I outsmarted all those Wegmans Shoppers tonight. I went shopping during the Superbowl. My hope was that everyone would be home watching the game and I was right. There was no one there. I got to peruse the aisles at my own pace. I didn't have to fight shopping cart traffic OR wait in line. This is truly a feat for Wegmans- unless you shop at like 2 am.

Which brings me to the next bit of goodness. The nearest Wegmans- The Mega Wegmans- is open 24 hours. Oh my goodness. This changes everything. I love nothing more than late night grocery store outings. This one time in Arizona, my friend Amy and I went on a Safeway adventure that included fruit snacks, a purchased copy of Funny Girl, and a classic photo of me inside one of those refrigerated thingys--- you know, like among the beer. Julie and I once made a midnight trip to the 24 hour Walmart in Gilroy just to look around and ended up buying episodes of the Sherri Lewis Show and goldfish. Ty and I would never start our projects before 10pm and needed a 24 hour store to feed our ambitions. Now if only I could manage to stay up past 9:30 here.

Anyhow, time to put my groceries away and enjoy a nice bowl of ice cream! Game on.

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised you didn't mention the online shopping list feature?

    ReplyDelete