Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More snow... finally!

Wooo. I made it home. It snowed for most of the day and I had about 2 inches of snow caking the car this afternoon when I was ready to leave. I think Annabelle is finally getting used to being in the cold.

Today was a good day. We did a few sessions some together, some alone, and all under the watchful eye of our ITD. It was a good day. What was really great about today was the chance to just talk about amta (american music therapy association) stuff and other hot topics relating to the field. There are so many interesting debates and issues arising that I did not know about or even consider. Its also interesting to find out our ITD's position on some of the hot topics- although she carefully explains both sides of each issue.

This afternoon I had time to spend down in the somatron. I'd been feeling punky and a little off all day, so it was nice to have that experience. I brought my own preferred music to see what it would be like to be in the music. I brought a little Alicia Keys, a little Matisyahu, and a couple of tracks from a recording project that Julie and I did this winter. It was sort of wild being in the music especially when the music was me at the piano and Julie singing. It really brought me back to the time and place of the recording- even more so because of the talking and celebrating that happened at the end of each track. Each bass note in the piano was vibrating through my body and Julie was blaring in my ears--- similar to how she blares when we play together. Its an endearing thing. Anyhow- it felt significant. It was comforting and uplifting and reminds me of all the fun we have while we play. I ended my session with a song from Alicia Keys' new album and the ever popular "One Day" by Matisyahu. It feels a little strange after you spend time in the somatron- you feel woozy.

It was nice to spend time IN music today. The ride home was only slightly treacherous and now I am safely on the couch. I want to get to mass tonight for Ash Wednesday, but I'm feeling physically exhausted and not 100%--- plus the weather. Its hard to get motivated to get out and do something after coming home from work and its even more difficult when all you like doing is curling up on the couch and sleeping.
Tomorrow is going to be a pretty low key day. I have two solo sessions in the morning. Kari and our ITD will be spending time at Kari's second location tomorrow morning. Tomorrow afternoon we are going to Adaptive Tech to break stuff and fix stuff with the colorful guys there! Sounds like an O.M. project to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment