Wednesday, February 24, 2010

There's a Hurricane A-Comin'!!!


That's right. A hurricane is a comin'. I heard it on the radio this morning so it must be true.
They called this incoming storm a "Snow Hurricane" which basically means that it will be heavily snowing, but the winds will be ridiculous.... like 50mph or something.

Don't you worry now, I am a-hunkerin' down in preparation for the storm that's a-comin'. Mostly its just fun to say "there's a hurricane a-comin'!"

It reminds me of the Golden Girls episode when the hurricane of '91 comes to Miami. Sophia talks about the storm a-comin'. Rose and Blanche plan a telethon to save the McKinley lighthouse that gets pummeled in the storm. They all meet at the tv station- its an approved shelter.

What they didn't have in Miami was a Snow Hurricane. Rochester probably won't have one either, but it is fun to say. So we're expecting a bit of snow in the next 2 days. Our ITD has a crazy schedule and board meetings and changing flights to get there and all that other good stuff. Kari in the meantime is sick so she didn't come in to work today. All in all a sort of crazy intense day- but a good one. I was introduced to documentation and now all of a sudden have way more to do during the day.
Tomorrow I will stop off and see a couple of clients on my way into our main office. We'll see if both Kari and our ITD come in. I might have a day to myself to sit at the computer and work on documentation, practice, read, etc. In that case I will probably bring my moccasins to work. I love to wear my moccasins..... moccasins. I love them.


I've provided you a weather map of all the good stuff that's supposed to be coming in. I wish I knew more about weather patterns. All I can tell is that is just barely snowing here in Rochester. So far. Now I am going to get into my pjs, eat a little dinner, eat a few M&Ms courtesy of my mother and wait for the wind to pick up.

1 comment: