Wednesday, July 21, 2010

actual progress

I am packed and even am now (when I'm done) taking my suitcase to the car and taking out the trash- the last two things that I have to do this morning before packing up my backpack for work and trip. I'm putting everything in the car so I don't have to make extra trips back and forth from my apartment when I get back from work. I'm not going to have much time between then and my shuttle pick up. So, I'm saving myself a couple of trips.

I read something really distressing this morning. A music therapy friend/colleague/former classmate has a blog about his daughter. His daughter has a rare skin disease called Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB). I believe that its a genetic mutation where the body's skin cells are lacking a protein and therefore don't stick together. His daughter is just over one year old and undergoing a bone marrow transplant (BMT) clinical trial for EB. She's doing well in certain regards but the chemo and other stuff they have her on are just creating chaos in her body and add that to the medical community and people there that run on autopilot and have to be educated everyday in proper care for this little girl is/sounds completely frustrating.

Anyhow, Tim's story is amazing. Currently Bella (Tim's daughter) is not doing so well, bordering organ failure and another clinical trial for a drug to help her liver and kidneys. I wanted to send his family and specifically Bella some nice thoughts and all this morning and thought maybe you all might be interested in reading about this amazing little girl.

You can read her incredible story here:
http://careforanabella.blogspot.com/


Alright alright alright. I've got to get going especially because I have to stop for coffee this morning instead of making it. I'm out of my French Vanilla coffee creamer. And I have practically no food so I have to stop for a bagel or something. Timmy Ho's here I come!
See you all on the "best" coast in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment