Saturday, July 31, 2010

A bold statement

I think I have found the best ice cream.

Ice cream is one of my top food groups- it makes up a large part of my diet. I love ice cream. To demonstrate my love I offer this analogy:

Chic is to donuts as Lauren is to ice cream.

Anyhow, MAR-boy came over to pick up some items and we decided to try out Bill Wahl's Microcreamery. I've been wanting to try this place since mom visited at the end of May and I finally got there.




The ice cream, I dare say, is the best ice cream that I have ever had. The outside is cute- it looks like an old fashioned ice cream parlor. A big tile counter, flavors written in chalk and around the other side of the shop you can see them make the flavors. Its a cool experience.





I got a "Small" which is two scoops. They aren't very small, are they? ----->


They have all kinds of flavors that they make right on the grounds. I chose the Cookie Dough and the Peppermint Chocolate Chip.
And it was absolutely delicious. I was worried about mixing the two flavors but it didn't end up being an issue. The ice cream was so delicious- not easily melted with huge chunks of dark chocolate and perfect cookie dough and little chunks of peppermint. MMmm. Well worth the wait.


It was nice to see MAR-boy, although I can't help but feel a little sad. There was a certain finality about the whole interaction. We did the catch up thing and talking about future plans and then said bye and thanks and that was it. I mean, I wasn't expecting some triumphant return or petty exchange but I wasn't expecting to feel a little sad. I guess the whole "finality" feeling will be creeping up more and more as I prepare to finish my internship and life here. Since moving to Arizona, I've been in this space where I knew I wouldn't be in one particular place for too long and I think now I'm kind of craving that. Could this be what its like to want to settle down somewhere and sow roots? Eck. That sounds too much like an "Adult" (The A-word) thing and I refuse to call myself that. These past 2 years have been jam packed and frenzied. I think the conclusion of my internship marks the conclusion of this frenzied period and leads into a more "stable" and more "A-word" phase. Saying "goodbye" to MAR-boy is just the beginning of the goodbyes I know I will have to do. Still I can't help but look forward to whatever being an "adult" means. I suppose its not such a bad thing. :) I like growing older (as long as I don't have to grow up). And I'll really enjoy growing older as long as I can still eat as much ice cream as I want.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I am really sorry I didn't get to experience the micro-creamery! My loss. Glad you are up and running and back online. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good analogy! Good luck with eating as much ice cream as you want for as long as you want! That doesn't seem to work for me any more, but HH is still in line with your way of thinking, and he's...

    ReplyDelete