Thursday, July 1, 2010

Canada Day!!

Happy Canada Day!!
One time I was at Julie's house for Canada Day and we celebrated with sugar pie... or pecan pie. One of the two. Anyhow, it was a good day. I don't think that Julie was there-- I think she was out, but I remember having a fantastic time.

Today Kari took me to the Newark Farmers Market and there was this lovely Amish couple selling breads and cookies and pies. They had TINY PIES.... and TINY PECAN PIES. So I bought a Tiny Pecan Pie to celebrate Canada day.

I'm going to heat it up a little in the oven and enjoy a little later. I had a hot dog at the farmers market so I think I'll just follow up with something "healthy"-- I dunno, veggies or something.

Today was a good day. Kari and I were both tired... probably the "coming down" from yesterday's stellar day. I'm looking forward to a little pie and lots of sleep. I'm definitely dragging today. I am getting more excited for my trip home in just a few weeks! btw Mom, Julie said she could take me to the airport Monday morning.
I submitted my last monthly summary for the month of June today! A new record. And I started my July summaries- eck. vicious cycle. they never seem to stop! I can't believe how much there is left to do in the short time that I have left. Especially in regards to my case study. I'm hoping to get some work done on it Friday night and possibly Monday morning. I'm losing a few days for my trip home around the time of my case study, so I want to be sure that I am working on it. I've reviewed a lot of my tape and know what clips I have so I think I'm going to start by putting together an outline of information and clips that I want to use, just to get started. Phew. lots of stuff happening up in my brain. I think I will disengage and noodle around on my keyboard for a while before consuming my TINY PIE! loving that.
Happy Canada Day!

2 comments:

  1. EVERYBODY SING.....Oh, Canada, Our home and native land..... (enjoy your pie!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrate!

    You are Canadian by virtue of the Thomas family.

    Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete