Friday, July 9, 2010

The official face of...

I am the official Twitter Face of the Festival.
That would be a title I just came up with. I got an email from Chic saying to "make sure to pack your tweeter" because I've been asked to tweet during the garlic festival! I think that's pretty cool. I'll be plugging the big stuff happening around the festival so that all the people in the twitterverse will know what's going on. I'm actually quite excited even though I do not have a twitter account. I'll have to ask my worldly sister for twitter pointers. Although I'm certain its not rocket science.

I had a great day today. good supervision. since talking with my ITD and seeing Kelly LMT I have felt grounded and balanced. Its a nice feeling. It went from being rather warm today (like 82F) to pouring down rain (hmm... 75F). Awesome. We're talking torrential downpour. I am actually excited that its raining. It suits me just fine at the moment. I'm feeling pretty spent. Plus I love rain.

This weekend brings HILL CUMORAH!!! (Cue epic music!)
http://www.hillcumorah.com/Pageant/index.php

Please visit that website. You won't be sorry. If you are in your place of work, turn the volume down. It may startle you.
So in the sleepy town of Palmyra, NY, the Book of Mormon was born. In fact, it was in Palmyra that Joseph Smith found the tablets. My knowledge of Mormon teachings is about as good as my knowledge of.. uh... brain surgery? I know just about nothing. What I do know is that every year thousands of people come to the sleepy village of Palmyra for the Hill Cumorah pageant. Naturally, I have to go. Kari, her hubby and I are going. Its too interesting to resist. I have a fascination with Mormonism only because I don't know a lot about it and what I have heard has been so drastically different from my own religious background that it boggles my mind. There are some things that raise red flags but at the end of the day, everyone is entitled to believe in what they want... whatever that may be. In the meantime, Kari and I are coming up with aliases just in case- fake names and addresses. :) We are most definitely going-- free pageant, 10 tiered stage, Hollywood special effects, cast of 650-- plus it looks like there's fire too. What's not to love?

Time for a bit of dinner, maybe even a bit of laundry. I am starting to sort of research my options for life after internship but I've gotta keep that on the back burner until my case study has been completed! One thing at a time. The one thing right now would be food. I'm starving. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, its hillcumorah.org, not .com in case anyone cares. WOW, my volume was turned up by mistake and I jumped off the couch!!! AND they have ASL folks? AND it's all free?? (Watch out for that one!) I'm so jealous. Keep an eye open for Bill, Barb, Margene and Nikki, my favorite TV Mormans. My favorite Gilroy Mormans would be Tim & Irene Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hill Cumorah kind of reminds me of the Ramona Pageant in Hemet.

    Can't wait to see what you will Twitter about, maybe it will give me some new ideas for the Diner!

    ReplyDelete