Thursday, July 15, 2010

protesters and things..

oh! Palmyra is not only the host of Hill Cumorah but the host of protesters protesting hill cumorah. Its added some excitment around here.

My post will be brief. I went out and treated myself to dinner and had a martini which means that I will be snuggled up in bed in only a couple of hours. I had great sessions the past two days. One of my Monday/Wednesday sessions have been phenomenal lately. The client has had incredible experiences and that kind of energy and joy in an experience is absolutely contagious. Today I taped another session for my case study. I think I have all the video clips that I need for my presentation. Thats a good feeling. My documentation has been better this month and my update reports for the meetings happening during my internship have been completed. Things keep chugging a long here and while I still am experiencing growth (because I think thats inevitable) it feels like its slowed down a bit. I am thankful for that. I feel like since January that I've absolutely shot out of the cannon. Its tiring to grow so much in a short amount of time, so I am looking forward to taking a small vacation when I'm done. I'm really looking forward to driving to see my sissy in michigan when she gets there and help her do whatever she needs me to do for a couple of days and then get home. Other than that I'm not thinking too far into the future. I do plan to take my certification exam soon after coming home. But that's as far as I have planned. That was sort of tangential. Sorry.

The weeks go by so quickly here!
Today we had another classical improv in-service. Kari basically picked a small book from the downstairs therapy room and said that I had to pick from that book. This works for me. If I had too many options I become indecisive. I ended up playing the first four measures of this piece - Suite de danzas criollas, No. I by Ginastera-- and both Kari and I just exhaled. Like... the music sounded and felt calming-- the chords and the way they were voiced prompted immediate relaxation. We both agreed that I would use that. Well I felt bored at first. Keeping is simple felt boring but I had to remember that just because I thought it was boring doesn't mean that the music didn't have value. Essentially what i think and like doesn't matter because in therapy the music isn't about me. And I always thought that it was ALWAYS about me... thats what my Auntie always says! :) Anyhow, it went really well. Kari used music from The Moldau by Smetana. We learned about that piece in my music history classes. Our ITD was excited about both our pieces and was already talking about how she was going to use them. Man, we have hundreds of years of "classical" music that is so adaptable for clinical improvisation. I wonder if people actually utilize it. Probably not. Another tangent.

Tomorrow should be "typical" and tomorrow--- we are going to the Hill! A special update will be required for that. I am going to bring my camera and get some pictures and maybe even video. It will be epic!!

2 comments:

  1. Off to The Hill!!! I want to see The Angel fly like an eagle.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and i want to see pix from the Memorial Underwear Museum. Martini? your uncle would be ever so proud!!!! love you, miss you, await your return with bated breath

    ReplyDelete