Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Taking it slow

sooo after supervision today, we decided (my ITD and I) that I need to just slow down. In fact, I need to slow down a lot. I was feeling down for a while and then I got my energy back and I was just running overtime. So now I need to find balance. Isn't balance totally the name of the game. geez. I'm learning all the lessons that I know I should learn: like balance, but its really hard to carry them out. Balance and learning how to take care of myself.

Good thing I had a massage scheduled today. I went for an appointment with Kelly, LMT. She's a New York Licensed Massage Therapist (hence the LMT). She's a little crunchy but amazing. I feel great. I need to keep hydrating and she gave me some great stretches for my tendonitis and realigned pretty much all of my joints. I feel more able to go slow- I'm feeling quite mellow. She gave me some other exercises for my lower back and knees. I have another appointment for this other treatment in a couple of weeks. She's working on reseting my buttons so that I can basically function without continuing to do damage to my body. I'm not stranger to massages- in fact I love them. They work for me and they always make me feel better. She was great and managed to go deep without hurting me. I didn't know it could be like that! She told me she was trained to do that- you know dig her elbow in to my back to go deep and then feel sore and have to come back for more massages. She was really gentle but got through a lot of the ick that I have stored in my muscles. Plus I came home with emu oil and melatonin strips. I'm excited to have more uninterrupted sleep (as waking up at least once in the middle of the night is common) and balance. Plus this emu stuff is kind of an amazing moisturizer. I am excited to see her again in a couple of weeks and see what kind of work we can do.

Now its time for chicken and left over peas. Yum. Tomorrow is a relatively easy day. With all the horrible heat and mucky air, a lot of our guys stay home -- health reasons. We're anticipating our afternoon sessions to be canceled tomorrow. Kari and I plan to start working on organizing case study clips.
This weekend: Watch out! HILL CUMORAH.
More on that later....

No comments:

Post a Comment