Saturday, July 3, 2010

Team Edward vs Team Jacob

Yep. Kari and I went and saw The Twilight Saga: Eclipse today. Hey. It was a matinee show for $5 and we brought our own snacks and beverages. For $5 and the margaritas we brought plus snacks from Weggies and a little Twilight action, we had an excellent time. I will say that the movie wasn't bad. Although we had two phrases that we whispered to each other throughout the movie: 1. "Take off your shirt." and 2. "That's not how the book goes." They moved some things around for flow and the two male leads look rather yummy. That Jacob Black almost never wears his shirt- a definite perk. Anyhow, people were saying that this was the best of the Twilight movies- but to be fair, the first 2 set the bar pretty low, especially New Moon. Kari and I were both pleasantly surprised with the movie. . We also got to re-enact it for Kari's husband when we got back to her apartment. All in all, a stellar day.

I did my grocery shopping early this morning, around 8a. I have found that Saturday mornings are perfect for my Mega-Wegs shopping trips. I get to take my time and the store is practically empty. I got everything I need for tomorrow's celebration. I'm making burgers and got some beans and Kari and her hubby are bringing salad and homemade paula deen biscuits (what's more american than Paula Deen?)! There are fireworks in Henrietta, so if we can't see the fireworks from my apartment complex, we may drive the 5 minutes to the park. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday- probably because of all the wonderful the memories I have associated with the day. Everything from the block parties, setting off fireworks, being at the Fair... all kinds of things and all the people that I've met and spent time with on the 4th. Maybe the whole summer thing too- the warm weather, bbqs, desserts... I guess I should like it for the whole "Independence Day" part of it... but the day yields so many fabulous memories that the independence part kind of takes a back seat. I don't know if I have a favorite memory from the 4th of July- all of them have been pretty stellar. I'll think about it.

Now I am snuggled up on the couch watching TCM. They are showing "Meet Me in St. Louis" as apart of the Essentials. I love this movie for one basic reason: The Trolley Song. Clang Clang Clang goes the trolleyyyyy..... Its a classic moment. Anyhow, that's my rip roaring evening. My afternoon was just so darn entertaining and amusing that I have to balance that with some couch time. Here's a shout out to my Fair Friends! Good luck in this last weekend and tear-down on Monday! I'll be thinking about you guys and can't believe the Fair is over and that I wasn't there! That's still weird to imagine.

Hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th

    Thinking about the block parties and the fireworks on the curb--great memories.

    This year I at auntie Fran'x, being the nursemade after her hand surgery. So I am the "Right" hand. Miss not being home too.

    Love you!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh! The Right hand???
    I guess that Left Handedness isn't coming in handy.... get it?
    love you too.

    ReplyDelete