Saturday, July 31, 2010

Briar Manor FTW

Wow.
I started my Saturday as I normally do: Catching up on my Hulu queue before getting out of bed. Well I cheated this morning and made coffee first. As I was settling down to watch my stories, my internet gave out. This has happened before, so I decided to get up and actually plug into the router. Well that didn't work. OKay fine.
I unplugged and plugged back in, shut down and restarted the router and my computer like 3 times. Still nothing. In the meantime I did laundry, cleaned up my apartment- productive things. I even went out for an errand and returned my "notice to vacate" at the front office. While there I asked for my account number so that I could call Time Warner to ask about my modem.

"Hello welcome to Time Warner"

I had a lovely conversation with my new best friend, Eliot. He told me that my modem was disabled because my payment was 16 days late.
WTF.
The apartment complex pays my utilities and internet/cable.

So I walked back to the office and told them what Eliot said. My internet is officially back. Lets pay our bills on time.

Today has been productive- I'm looking to start editing some monthly summaries this afternoon and start practicing my presentation (ack on Thursday!). Later today MAR-boy (I know he hasn't appeared in "And On That Note" for a while) is coming by to get some things he left here. We're going to go and try this microcreamery in Pittsford. I'm glad that I won't have to worry about his stuff-- its not really even stuff that I'd want. My ITD suggested I sell it on E-bay. It was sort of tempting.
Time for a snack and on to that documentation stuff!
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment