Monday, July 12, 2010

YUUMMM

I actually cooked tonight! I love making this beef stir-fry-ish dish. Its really easy too... I just do a little rice, get one of those steamer bags of veggies, I cut up a little beef and scrambled a couple of eggs and mixed it all together in one pan. I had some sauteed onions left over from a previous dinner and so I threw those in there too. I love this because it tastes really good and its easy to make. We used to make this quite often in Arizona, so I always think of Mags and Stacey and having to make enough to even feed Jesse. I love the way that food can bring up nice memories (like specific songs do!). I prepared a lot of wonderful meals in Arizona. I didn't cook much when I was at chapman. I don't think that I had many friends over while I was going to school there. But once I made a little family unit at ASU, I started having people over for dinner at least once a week. I found out that I really love cooking for people because I like having that family dinner time. And when you cook, you make a meal that people enjoy--- its fun to see people enjoy the dish you made too. So I miss cooking for my Arizona family. I made a delicious coq au vin one time that was just sooo delicious. I think that was the last big meal I prepared in Arizona. I had all the usuals over including my friend Lisa who flew in from the midwest just for my graduation. The best is when everyone is silent at the table because the food is so delicious. That was a small but tasty tangent.

Anyhow, I had a great day today. Good sessions. Our ITD took us through more of the Maslow book today too. We scheduled my final case study for August 5th. I'm glad that I have a date for that now. It will help me pace my work. Tonight I'm just enjoying my dinner and hoping to get to bed early. I kept waking up- like every two hours. Thats about all thats going on here. Tomorrow should be a "typical" Tuesday.... as typical as it can get. Still looking forward to Hill Cumorah. I think we're going Wednesday night!! I'm so excited.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo, your photo makes me hungry! Cooking is so much fun when it isn't mandatory. Can't wait to hear about your "Hill" adventures. See you soon...

    ReplyDelete