Saturday, March 13, 2010

It was a dark and stormy night

Bahaha. I'm laughing to myself as I'm recounting this story.

Today I picked up Kari and we went to office to work on our presentation for thursday and watch some videos of sessions.
It was great to see old session clips of clients on both of our caseloads. We were able to tell each other about what the clients do in sessions now. We swapped stories and worked on our presentations-- got things done. By the time we were ready to leave to grab some dinner it was 10 to 7 and completely dark outside.

I know most of you have not ever seen or visited our main office/facility---but its pretty institution-y and on first impression, I was a little scared to be there. Now imagine that type of environment when its pitch black - no lights whatsoever-- and pouring rain outside. At night. With no one there. its different when there are people there- its cheery and wonderful- a nice place to work with friendly people who care about consumers. It's very eerie when no one is there. And when I say no one- I mean no one. Kari and I were the only people in the entire building.
We made it down the stairs and realized that our cell phones were not going to provide enough light to walk through the building to avoid the rain. We even heard little bumps in the halls. Kari turned to me and said, "no way. can we go out this door?" She was referring to the north door which leads outside to an area that is NOT where we parked. We should've parked there on second thought. But it wasn't dark when we got to the office! Anyhow. I said, "okay. but we've got to run. its pouring outside."
So we ran. We ran like two little scared and out of shape girls. in the rain. laughing at how scared we were.
It was hilarious.

then we went out to eat at this neighborhood bar/grill type place. It was delicious. We swapped more stories and had a great evening. It's so nice to be able to hang out with Kari especially since we are both far away from home and family and friends. Its lucky that we get along so well. I am excited for more adventures to come.

Anyhow, the lesson to be learned is to park closer to the north door if we're going to stay in the office after the sun sets and if its raining. Also, I'm way out of shape and a pansy when things go bump in the dark. AND that the main office building would be the perfect place to play hide and go seek on the weekend. Watch out Julie. When you visit, this may happen. :) Some of my friends from Chapman would play that in the old science building including the place where they kept the cadavers. Thank goodness I always opted out of those game nights. Dead bodies is a whole other thing that goes (or doesn't go) bump in the dark. That's a whole other playing field.
After all that running and being scared, I'm exhausted. I'm hoping for another rainy Sunday and working on my self evaluation stuff in preparation for my first quarter eval. this week!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment