Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Monday - Tuesday

Again! I missed an update. Our ITD left for her medical leave--yesterday was her last day at work probably until late April or early May. So everything has been overwhelming and I am buried under a mountain of paperwork that needs to be filed an exact way and copied and signed and all kinds of stuff normally taken care of by our ITD that we are now extremely responsible for. Its a little wild.
My sessions in the past two days have gone well. It feels like I'm getting into a good rhythm with things. All of that stuff is going well-- its the extra things that are overwhelming. We're doing a presentation for staff development day which is keeping us extremely busy. The local regional conference is the week after that presentation... then the conference in last Vegas. I think I will be able to really breathe again around the third week of April. And the mountain of paperwork doesn't get any smaller. I'm hoping to put in a weekend day sometime soon so I feel okay with leaving for vegas after all of this march craziness.
It may be overwhelming, but it isn't any less exciting. I had a realization yesterday as I walked back from my car to the apartment. I realized that this was my real life. I wake up in the morning and I get to play with people and I get to make music with people to help them reach desired potentials. Its like a real thing. That's pretty amazing.

To make everything better, its going to be in the mid-high 40s all week long. Apparently that's shorts weather! woo hoo!

2 comments:

  1. Busy's good! Getting run down isn't! Take care of Lauren during March Madness and know that your Aunt is very proud of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told a client today that I am so blessed to be doing what I love and get paid for it! (well, eventually get paid ;)

    ReplyDelete