Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mail Surprise!!!


WOWOWOWOWOWOOW!
I got a surprise in the mail yesterday- of course I didn't check my mail yesterday but I went out this morning to check and there was a box with my name on it. In it was a sweater passed down from the best boss ever. It has a cool graphic of bob marley on it and it is very cozy. Funny how timing works out. I was just thinking about how I needed to get up off the couch and grab a sweatshirt. No need! One was delivered!
In it was a very nice card from two very awesome ladies and avid "On that Note" readers. Fan mail if you will.

So thank you ladies! This totally made my Sunday!!!
I will definitely miss working the Fair this year- although I know that my "position" has been filled with capable (and much taller) hands. But I will miss the routine of getting up in the morning and going to work, stopping for coffee runs-- that amazing little coffee shop at the gas station on Del Mar Heights Rd (They have flavored whipped cream and the best mexican hot chocolate), building stuff, the pick ups, the people, boobs mcgee, staff meetings at Fidels, my production boyfriend, getting stuck in walls, nails going through hands, getting stuck in tubes, getting stuck behind coffin boxes! I seem to get stuck in a lot of places. One of my particular favorite things, at least last year, was invoking the ghosts of musician's past and witnessing them leave little gifts across the alley OR the time we fooled our boss to think that my cohort smashed my fingers with a drumstick. That was classic. Anyhow, I look back fondly on my time there. I think that was the first job where I truly felt independent. I was living away from home, going to work everyday but in beautiful Del Mar where the ocean is a mile away and everything felt a little more simple. I learned a lot about myself, had the time of my life. I was even frisked by a security guard - thanks to my office bud J. She thought that was really funny as she looked at the entire thing from her rearview mirror.

So I will miss my Candles on the Water this summer- a lot. And I will miss the feeling of working there, going into work everyday with a new story, and working together to WOW our customers. BUT I have come out of the two years I spent there with another family and so many wonderful memories and lessons. So thank you Holly and DiAnne for creating a work environment that teaches your kids more than they could bargain for. I know that I am better because of it.

...and don't be afraid to send me some of those brownies.

4 comments:

  1. I'll miss having you here in my home this summer.I have been following your blog regularly and I totally enjoy your writing style and content. My music therapy student resident finishes her program with Resounding Joy in 2 weeks. So glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan!!!
    Thank you for reading and your beautiful compliments. I will miss sharing stories and hanging out with ms. mia and nike this summer. Living there definitely made the experience all the more wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Bob arrived at the right time, and that he sort of fits!

    You will be very missed this summer, but DiAnne and I are always so happy to see our "chicks" grow-up and leave the nest - moving on to bigger and better things.

    By the way, I have decided the Bump & Scrape Log is going to be officially renamed the "Bevi Bump Book," what do you think?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "Bevi Bump Book"
    I love it. I think that is appropriate, yet tasteful.

    ReplyDelete