Tuesday, March 30, 2010

These bitter herbs

That's right folks, I went to my first Seder as an adult. It was so fabulous and I am stuffed- so my post will be brief as I also need to get to bed.

The Seder was hosted by some bandmates of Mar-boy. The bassist and his wife (and young daughter) had us over as well as grams and gramps (who played Moses, naturally), the best friend and the sister and her two kids. We had a wonderful time. Aside from the Seder and the reading and singing, we ate and ate and ate. Dinner was grilled salmon (steak or filet), asparagus, and gnocchi for the kids. There were also eggs, thai sweet potato salad, green salad with a sesame vinaigrette. For dessert- matzah heath thingys--- basically matzah covered in toffee with choco-chips and pralines. SO much food. I tasted everything and ate everything apart of the seder- including the freshly ground horseradish. We drank the four little glasses of wine and sang all the songs. It was such a wonderful time. The best friend was sitting next to me and talked an ear off me about how much she loves San Francisco and all the best places for cheese and chocolates in rochester. Mar-boy and I have a whole list of new places to check out.

So all in all, a very successful evening. Between Bubbe and Gramps (I forget the name for that), I felt like I was in a movie.... it felt kind of like that dinner scene in "While You Were Sleeping"- I think there's a hilarious dinner scene in that movie- maybe its Christmas vacation? Whatever it was, it was nice to feel apart of a family. Mar-boy is the percussionist in this band and so I think I will be catching their gig coming up in a couple of Mondays. Our host and hostess tonight both invited me to check it out and that it'd be good to see me there. It was really nice, like i said, to be apart of a family tonight. We both had an excellent time. We've also made plans for Friday and Mar-boy will be joining Kari and I for Easter dinner on Sunday.

Tomorrow brings more paper work and more sessions. I do play the paper now- thanks ElTee. Session wise, I had a great day. For some reason all of my clients were in a jolly mood and a couple of amazing things happened. AND I've been staying on top of my paperwork so I don't think I will have to go into the office this weekend. I think I can get all of this stuff done this week- which will be wonderful indeed.
Now I must slip off gently into a blissful food coma. Happy Passover!

No comments:

Post a Comment