Friday, March 5, 2010

Thursday/Friday

My apologies for not posting last night. I had a lot of work to do and didn't get around to it. Things kind of unravel and put themselves back together and come apart again. I hate that. A couple of projects had to change in regards to some music therapy assoc. stuff. I suppose its just an opportunity to improvise. We have our big event tomorrow morning and I've been trying to work with everyone to make sure they are set. Some people get it and some people don't. I think I've done just about all I can do on my end and now the others involved have to meet halfway. Its a continuous process.

Anyhow, in addition to this other stuff, our ITD is getting ready for her leave so we've been scrambling to make caseload decisions and doing a bunch of inservices. It's been crazy. But I will say that Thursday had some great sessions. I started working with a new person. She's fun. I saw my two usual thursday morning clients. Everything is going well. The hardest part right now is making sure I understand everyone clearly- especially when they make requests for experiences in the session. That's been a struggle... I think once I really start to know these people I will be better able to understand them.

Today was fantastic. I had an amazing session with one of my clients today. Making social connections is a big deal for this particular client and today in the session there were repeated moments of connection and playing back and forth all with a lot of expression. It was just a great session. Now I am cleaning my kitchen and making a bit of dinner--- some salmon over some lettuce and a little penne and a little wine. Yum.

I'll update tomorrow after the event to give you the run-down!

No comments:

Post a Comment