Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Whacky Wednesday

Okay not really all that whacky.

I finally cooked my chicken. It was delicious.

Today we finally figured out and "cemented" our schedules and caseloads. We even added a few people from my ITD's caseload to our own. She's going to be out for maybe even a couple of months. For some clients that is just too long and it would be better for them to continue working in music with an intern than to go on a break. That means that finally! my schedule is determined and I know who I am supposed to see on what day at what time. It feels amazing to finally start a (mostly) regular routine. Thank goodness.

We have plenty to do, in addition to sessions, while our ITD is out including old videos of our clients. Kari and I decided on bringing popcorn for movie days-- we're talking clips from music therapy sessions from as early as the late 80s.... you know, when I was still believed that the yellow rice my mother served was with saffron and NOT yellow food coloring. Thanks a lot Mom. We are both excited to also study the tape and see how each client has changed over the years. We have a ton of paperwork to get through each month and even a presentation for staff development day later this month. In fact, only a few short weeks away. This month also brings the regional conference in Pittsburgh. April is our western regional conference.

Saturday we are hosting a virtual master class with professional music therapist practicing in Utah and I think its going to work out well. We have most of the schools in the region participating and "signing in." We haven't this type of participation ever-- at least to my knowledge. So I am feeling satisfied in general with the type of event we are providing for the students and that people are interested and engaged and relating information to students. It's like that feeling of happiness and satisfaction you get from feeling effective. At least that's what I think. The conference is going to go well. I think I will be stressing about it before hand but when I get there I will hopefully just go with the flow and tackle things as they come up. You can only prep so much before you just have to do it and know that its going to go well (and maybe not the way you planned). Holly- its like prepping for that first day of fair. You prep as best you can and you have a sort of idea of how its suppose to go and that never happens on the first day--- but it isn't always bad, in fact sometimes what happens is better than you could have planned. So we'll see what develops in the next couple of weeks. I'm excited to find out.

Time to eat cookies. I bought cookies at Wegmans because I couldn't buy ice cream. I think I talked about it yesterday. Anyhow, I'm blowing through these cookies quickly. I've got to find a NEW plan.
Kari and I did decide however that it would be a great project for us to visit every Wegmans in Western New York and take a picture. Most of that can be accomplished on our way to Pittsburgh. Kari is so cool. I am so relieved and glad that we get along so well. Could you imagine if two interns hated each other? that wouldn't be good. We've planned a ton of adventures, theater things, movie outings and evenings, and dinners. We were joking today that we have to get started otherwise we are going to run out of time. The latest and greatest is planning our Easter celebration. Its going to be nice to have an Easter dinner with someone out here. Kari agreed- you know Easter is usually a family thing so we both agreed that it would be nice to stuff ourselves. I'm making Helen's famous lamb and potatoes and Kari is bringing the salad and various desserts.

Anyhow, lots of adventures and plans to carry through. The next few weeks should be very interesting!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your time at Del Mar helped with useful lessons for actual "life." And, about your ice cream/cookie/dessert dilemna...may I suggest Peppermit Patties. They are delicious, low fat and if you can keep to just 2 - 3 of the small ones per evening, it's not so bad! Get a bag and try them, it might just work.

    ReplyDelete