Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 2- Painting Party

what a party it was.
We primed 2 rooms (2 left to go) and we're painting more. Lots of painting. Did I mention lots of painting. While dad and KB went and got paint and supplies, I stayed behind and taped everything- which ended up being a huge timesaver in the end. Go Lauren.
We did the living room in just about 2 hours then KB's stuff arrived and we moved to the bedroom. Its interesting working on projects with my dad and sister. I think I will leave it at that. We also only have one ladder, so when I finish baseboards and stuff... there isn't a lot for me to do--- a room full of perfectionists is kind of a scary thing... so I am happy to sit out and take breaks.

At the present moment, Dad and KB are at Lowe's. I opted to stay at the hotel (Dad's idea). He wanted to give me some alone time. Thank goodness. I need it. Its hard to spend intensive amounts of time doing something under a time crunch (we leave Tuesday) to exact standards of dad or KB. I tend to get really sensitive in the whole family dynamic- so I am glad to get a break and let Dad and KB do their thing.

Today we are getting an earlier start (we didn't really start painting until 3 yesterday) and hoping to finish priming the other two rooms and do another coat of primer in the bedroom. Anyhow, the state of Michigan is still intact. There are a ton of people here as school is about to start. I'm going to enjoy the rest of my morning before Painting Party cont'd!

No comments:

Post a Comment