Friday, August 27, 2010

Michigan Adventures Day 1


Treasure MARRRTT!!!
Celebrating 50 Years.

This place was a cutesy little place--- a Definite Holly's Treasure Mart rather than my Sister's Treasure Mart.
So we didn't find anything, but Holly- you would love this place. All kinds of great glass pieces and artwork, tea sets and stuff like that. :)

We went to IKEA and picked up a few things that my sister needed, ate lunch at the fabulous IKEA cafeteria in Canton, and then went to the airport to pick up Dad. We went out for a nice dinner and then came back to the hotel and retired for the evening. Today brings my sister's stuff and Painting party! So far so good. Both Dad and I agreed that this is definitely not our show- we are just along for the ride! :) Its nice to use my brain for things other than reflection and introspection.

AND I'm am waaaayyyy excited to buy all of my Michigan gear--- you know for game days. Everyone here wears the maize and blue. Everyone. I just want to fit in- plus it kind of annoys my sister. I just want to have school pride. Its exciting. Ann Arbor is a cool place to be. Its a real school! I mean I think I went to 1.5 real schools (ASU making up the 1.25) but this is like a REAL school with awesome buildings that don't look like desert things. The weather has also been beautiful - fairly warm with little humidity.

Okay- well I have to put on my painting party clothes and get down to the lobby- unless dad and sissy already left to get tape and things. hmmm I better call first. My body is taking a toll with all the schelping... thank goodness for the ice machine.

So far so good!

2 comments:

  1. Oooohhh! Treasure Mart...I'm salavating just thinking about it... Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm assuming the ice is for Dad's knee and not for keeping the Sapphire chilled...

    ReplyDelete