Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Weekend, Day 2


OKay. Day 2.

See my Wisconsin beer coozy?!

I felt like the classiest broad at the grocery store today when I picked up a 6 pack of beer and coffee creamer. Classy.

I needed beer to put in my beer coozy. Plus, its after 3pm. I checked with my friend Stacey- she said this is all perfectly acceptable. I'll take it.

My paper is in its final stages. I went through it with a pen this morning and read parts of it out loud. I'm going to add in my changes and do it again this afternoon and hopefully end up with a final project.
To reward myself for finishing my paper I went and purchased a new piece of equipment for music recording. I bought another tier for my keyboard stand but I'm not going to be able to use it, so I'll have to return it sometime this week. But I did buy a midi controller which is really cool. I can put together background tracks and jam over the top. Its one easy way that I can use all my creative energy..... or procrastinate. I'm finishing my paper and then playing with it some more. It goes through my computer and into my amp. I can add a drum track and bass line using this piece of equipment, loop it, and then play my keyboard over the top. Its pretty cool and adds more dimensions to my little jam sessions. I can essentially be my own combo when I learn how to use this all well. Watch out, I may be coming to a cocktail party near you!

I'm going to finish up my paper, play with my new stuff, and maybe even work out tonight. My friend Stacey is sharing her "Insanity" videos with me. We are going to do them together and end up with 8 packs. That's 8 more abs than I currently have. The nice thing besides reading all of the wonderful results is that I can do it at home. I don't have to make concerted effort to go to a gym. Because even just getting to a gym to work out is really most of the battle. I'll keep you posted on this.
Well I've got to get back to work!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure a midi controller is how Joanie and The Pussycats got their big break. Enjoy your Corolla (Carol Trelut's version of Corona)...

    ReplyDelete