Monday, August 16, 2010

NO EDITS!!!!!

I did it!!!! One of my August summaries had NO EDITS!! This is a personal triumph as I have toiled over documentation for 7.5 months. No Edits.


In other news, I got an interesting phone call today. Perhaps some of you don't know, but in November I became the proud owner of a set of beamz. (www.thebeamz.com). Its a laser beam set that is programed to midi sounds- every time you break the beam, the sound is triggered. I think they are fun- you can jam out on popular tunes, there are loop tracks. We had my set all wired up at my graduation party and had a good time with it. Just ask my Aunt.

Anyhow, my new best from Al from The Beamz called to discuss a potential business opportunity. He remembered me from the conference I attended in November. We discussed his idea and involving music therapy students. So I may potentially be contracted to help with this project or future projects with the company. He suggested setting up a contract so that I could "earn some money." I am really excited about this. I think there are a lot of possibilities for collaboration with this company- but one step at a time. I think this could be an excellent little project while I'm studying for my certification test and exploring my employment opportunities. We'll see what happens. For now I'm just excited that he remembered me from almost a year ago and is interested in my connections and what I have to offer. So I'll keep you posted as I get more information this week.

Other than this exciting news, I had a great day. I got lots of paperwork done and even started my final evaluation. and did I mention NO EDITS?! Maybe just once or twice.
I have a big day tomorrow. Its my last day at my Tuesday/Friday placement- so I'm sure it will be emotional saying goodbye to all my clients there. Its going to be quite a week, but I'm enjoying it so far! What a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment