Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sorry I've been a little MIA.
I've had a stressful week in phasing out clients and some last minute scheduling things.
Tomorrow I had to reschedule some things and will have to drive out to Newark early in the day. this was definitely unexpected, but necessary. blech. I'm feeling stressed and kind of down, so I'm unwinding with some golden girls and eating everything I possibly can (obviously that last bit isn't so good, but it certainly helps!). :) I thought since I finished my final paper that my learning was done. Apparently that is not the case. :)) I had a good talk with my good friend Alli last night, Julie this afternoon which certainly helped, and Kari helped too when she came back from a meeting-- its good to know that there are people out there that truly understand you and understand where you come from and understand and know when to give advice and when to just listen.

I'm planning on seeing my friend Alli soon. She lives near Denver and I am hoping to make a trip out there. Seeing her once a year at conferences is just not enough. Speaking of conference, I have decided to not go to the national conference this year. I've been to 2 other national conferences and 2 regional conferences. This year I just can't swing it- its a lot of money to be a professional member in a professional organization! Especially when I don't have a job. So I have decided to instead use my money that I have saved to pay for my certification exam and to travel and see friends--- those, as this point, are the best things for my professional development. I need a little break. So I want to get out to Denver and to Boston to see Julie (and Kari too!!! two for the price of one!!!). I am really looking forward to quality friend time and having a flexible schedule in order to get that time.

Thats about it for now. I will try to keep up with blogging in this last week. I know I haven't checked in at home in a few days, but I've been needing the time to think and stuff. I'm doing fine though mom and dad!--- except that i broke the bowl on my coffee table yesterday. I'll replace it before I go. oops! :)

2 comments:

  1. Old Italian lore: break a bowl, seven years GOOD luck! Hang in there, sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Being" an adult is definitely more work that first imagined, but have faith, there are rewards too! Hang in there, for sure.

    ReplyDelete