Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wilson Bros BBQ

Oh! The BBQ was really fun. Kari and her husband came over and we drove together. The Band was awesome- this 10 piece funk band. Our ITD was there and it was nice to just kind of cut loose and have some fun. I can tell that there has been a definite transition over the past few months. You know, in the beginning of the internship the boundaries felt more strict, but as time has passed everyone has relaxed a little bit and we've had some nice times. Saturday will be the culminating event. Our ITD is hosting a dinner party this coming Saturday. Kari and I will be done with our internship and we'll all really be able to let loose. I am in charge of the wine- I wanted to pick out some delicious california wine. So with my dad's guidance I picked up a few bottles ready for saturday.

Anyhow, after we hung out at the party, I took Kari and her husband to the Microcreamery for delicious ice cream. It was a nice afternoon. Kari's husband had a lovely conversation with our ITD about me and Kari. Apparently she's never had a pair of interns that have gotten along or complimented each other quite like we have. I love that. Kari has really become one of my closest friends and I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with myself when we're living 3,000 miles apart and not working together 5 days a week. She's my self-regulator (yes I know how that sounds). She keeps me from saying anything inappropriate and if I do let something slip, she's there to do the damage control. :) When we were at the conference in Pittsburgh I was trying to explain to a student (who was from PA) how I thought the state of PA was "amusing." I guess she gave a funny look because Kari jumped in to help. Haha. We had a good laugh about that this afternoon. Anyhow, Our ITD also said that we were already apart of the world of music therapy. Her beau asked if we were ready to get out into the field and our ITD replied, "They already are." Kari and I both felt really good about that.

Its been a very nice afternoon. I am very tired. So I am going to plop on the couch and relax for the rest of the evening.
Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend.

Btw, I have 5 more days of internship left! What?!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing day. But what flavor ice cream did you guys try??? 5 more days? It is really hard to believe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had Oreo and Blue Chip.
    you know how I like to ask questions.... I was asking the guy about almost every flavor. It was pretty hilarious. At least I thought so. Kari didn't step in to regulate, so it must have been okay.
    Blue Chip is like a sweeter vanilla and it had huge chocolate chunks. So delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like, with Kari "gone" in 5 days, that your next attribute to work on is to self-regulate. I call it being diplomatic, but when I fail that's where DiAnne comes in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. see? we all need a DiAnne to handle those tough situations and to re-read emails before we send em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny. I don't see it as being diplomatic..I see it as being too wimpy to say what I really want to! I'm catching up on your blog. I have been away for a month visiting kids and grands in FL, MO and OH, and wasn't able to access your blog. Glad to see that you are doing so well. Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete