Friday, August 13, 2010

What a Day

I drove a lot of miles today. Not really because I wanted to, but because I had to. I had to reschedule and move things around to fit in a final session. Its been a stressful few days, but after all of this, I feel better. I had my last official formal supervision today with my supervisor. We talked a lot about this week and the reasons for my afternoon driving. But we also had a chance to talk about how I feel with being so close to the end of my internship. I told him I'd let him know in a couple of weeks. Its good that I have a lot to do in terms of cleaning and packing stuff up-- but it could go either way. It could help and distract me or it could make things worse. It helps that I'm stopping in Michigan to help my sister move in and get settled. But I will probably feel the full brunt of this big transition once I get home. Then I will really be done in new york--- so done that I won't even be there anymore! Anyhow, we talked about that and we talked about future plans for involvement in AMTA. I'm one of those people that will just get involved and I already have the experience. But I think I want to wait on that until I have a job and know what kind of time I want to dedicate. I've got lots of time. Anyhow I'm in a very good place (even in comparison to this morning!), but very exhausted. That's 124 miles! One day. Phew. And $1.05 on the thru way.

I've got to clean up my kitchen before cooking dinner... so we'll see what I actually make for dinner. I still have red hots- and those are easy. I can microwave that and fix a salad lickety-split.

This weekend will probably bring a lot of cleaning and a bbq on sunday. My ITD's main squeeze hosts an annual picnic party- they provide chicken, burgers, beer, soda, and a 10 piece funk band. Kari, her hubby and I will probably check it out for a while--although its supposed to rain. We'll see what happens. I guess its a huge event, so we may not stay long. Apparently the band is reason enough to go. I will probably try and get some work done as well. I have a mountain of paperwork (documentation, reports and evals). One week left.

No comments:

Post a Comment