Friday, August 20, 2010

My Last Day

Wow. I can't believe that this day has come and gone!
My evaluations went well. I successfully completed the internship and I am eligible to take my certification exam.

Thank you to all of those who were thinking good thoughts for me all day.

I am thankful (again) to have had the opportunity to train here and I can't wait to figure out what I do next.... after a vacation of course.

Kari and her husband are coming up tonight and we're going out to dinner (first round of drinks are on me). Also, Tomorrow our ITD is hosting a dinner party-- that will be our last big hurrah before we all go our separate ways. Obviously, this process has been bittersweet... I started to get a little sad as we left work today (I'll post the picture Kari and I took as we exited the building). But we did it! And we did it damn well! I am excited and happy and sad and relieved and ready.

For now, I've cracked open a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin and am starting my own private celebration until Kari gets here. What a wonderful experience and to have shared it with someone like Kari- I couldn't have asked for a better co-intern and partner in crime. She has really become such an important friend and colleague in my life. This is an experience that we will share forever. I find that comforting even though we are going to be living on separate coasts.

Anyhoo... the celebration is commencing and will continue through tomorrow night's dinner party. I am really looking forward to that.

For now, I am enjoying my champagne. I think it is well-deserved.

2 comments:

  1. Did you get a merit badge or a trophy or anything? So happy for you, so proud of the way you've carried this whole thing off. Bring on the Widow, bring on the Jeweled Gin!!!

    ReplyDelete